Tuesday, March 17, 2009

www.allartistsgallery.com

EFRAIN CRUZ,was born in Cordoba Veracruz, Mexico. I had an early inspiration to become an artist, however, due to the life obstacles I had to ignore my talents. At age of twenty I realized that the artistic inspirations were the major part of my life and could not be held back any more. I paint to (of) my people and from my people, my family, my friends, and God because he is special and they believe in me. My life in Mexico gave a brilliant simulation to a life of painting.
My work is a series of journal entries that document memories from my past. Life in Mexico gave a brilliant stimulation to my passion for painting. My work is a colorful representation of the culture of my hometown of Veracruz, with its rich history, deep spirituality and touching humanity. The themes of my work reflect well the many struggles and obstacles of my life endeavors. As far as subject matter, I tend to gravitate towards painting images of my God, my people, family and friends. The endless color possibilities of my palette is also a source of inspiration for me in expressing my love for life. The colorful culture of my hometown is reflected in the high intensity colors I use in order to achieve a more dynamic and active feel.
Besides my hometown, my main source of inspiration came from and still remains to be my mother. She taught me to feel, experience and appreciate life. To be strong, wise and thankful are just some of the virtues she instilled in me. The memory of her face is still fresh in my mind reminding me of the many struggles she overcame. The image of her sad eyes while keeping her trademark smile fuels my passion for painting. Through my artwork, I wish to tell my story and have the viewer connect by relating their own stories. By sharing a piece of my life, I wish to achieve unity with someone with similar experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment